|The Plaza Restaurant in Disney World is on Main Street USA to the right when you get to the opening at the end of the main street when facing Magic Kingdom. It does require reservations.|
The Plaza Restaurant in a Nutshell
The Plaza Restaurant in Disney is meant to be a family-friendly, reservations-only dining experience with an elegant design. While I’ve never specifically read on Disney’s site that The Plaza Restaurant in Disney is inspired by The Plaza Restaurant in NYC, it obviously is with its garden-esque decor, chandeliers and use of mirrors/windows. The Plaza Restaurant in Disney isn’t super large on the inside, but they make fairly good use of the space. We’ve seen The Plaza in NYC (talk about elegant) and it was almost amusing to see the restaurant in Disney with its elegant design serve such casual fare with guests in their casual clothes.
Type of Food: American fare
The Plaza Restaurant at Disney World Tips
- Make a reservation in advance if you know you want to eat here. They do not take walk-in diners.
- There are no bathrooms inside, so we recommend heading to the bathrooms to the left of the restaurant (if your back is to Magic Kingdom) between The Plaza Restaurant and Tomorrowland Terrace prior to heading in.
- Prices are reasonable compared to other reservation dining options in the park! In fact, we found they were comparable to a lot of the things offered at Wolfgang Puck Express for example, which is quick service (and not some place we suggest going based on value and our experience with service). We discussed our experience at Wolfgang Puck Express in our Downtown Disney feature.
- Last-minute reservations can be gotten IF someone cancels last-minute. We weren’t originally planning on eating here, but actually found that a few people had canceled their lunch reservations and we got in around 1:10 pm. Download the Disney Go app and it’ll allow you to check things like this while you’re in the park! We find the Droid app a little glitchy with making reservations at times, so we checked on the app then had to make the reservation through our mobile browser on the site after several attempts through the app. Still a convenient way to check quickly, however.
- Not super special-diet friendly in our experience–if you’re trying to avoid wheat. Almost every item on the menu is a sandwich with only 1 salad and 1 meatloaf meal listed (we don’t know if they use gluten in the meatloaf, but we find that’s often the case).
The Plaza Restaurant at Disney World
|Decor here was quite pretty and the mirrors on all of the walls in the main section where we were seated opened it up quite a bit despite being a fairly small space.|
|The other section of the restaurant had a more “glass greenhouse” feel to it. We were seated near the main entrance in the main section of the restaurant shown above.|
|Big bro ordered chicken fingers and fries. Their children’s menu is pretty standard for what you’d expect at a general American fare restaurant. He really enjoyed it.|