Union Square Donuts in a Nutshell
- Bring quarters for metered parking.
- Look at the menu ahead of time as the line moves very quickly and it can be a little anxiety-provoking if you’re holding it up with indecisiveness–especially with little ADHDers.
- Consider leaving sensory kiddos in the car if they have issues with small, busy spaces as the shop can get fairly busy and cramped while waiting in line.
- They do accept credit cards so there’s no need to make an extra stop for cash unless you plan to go to other shops in the area. As you may already know if you’re from the area, there are still plenty of Boston and Cambridge shops and restaurants that still take cash-only.
- Go earlier in the day if you want to make sure you have all the flavors to choose from. While we’ve found Union Square Donuts does a great job at pumping out loads of delicious donuts, some definitely sell out as the day progresses. We got there around 11 am on a Sunday and found that only a handful had sold out, but you never know!
Our First Time at Union Square Donuts
|The storefront is fairly small from the sidewalk, so if you’re not familiar with the area watch for the chalk sign on the sidewalk.|
|This sign = the entryway to deliciousness!|
|There’s where all the magic happens at Union Square Donuts.|
|The menu is quite large and changes when new flavors are added, including some seasonal ones.|
Union Square Donuts Review – Our Thoughts on 14 Delicious Donut Flavors
|Union Square Donuts Malted Milk Chocolate – light and fluffy donut drenched in milky malt chocolate
If you like a nice light chocolate malt, this is your donut!
This was #2 on our youngest’s list of favorites.
|Union Square Donuts Strawberry – airy, light donut covered in super fresh strawberry glaze
This literally tasted like a light, fresh strawberry shortcake. It was absolutely delicious!
This tied for the #1 spot on Mom’s list of favorites.
|Union Square Donuts Sugar Raised – delicious airy donut dusted in sugar
This is a solid donut and despite being fairly basic in flavor, it blows donuts from most other shops out of the water!
Union Square Donuts Cinnamon Sugar Old Fashion
This donut was eaten too quickly for anyone to catch a pic of it, but it is definitely worth mentioning. If you love traditional donuts, the kind sold at small farm stands alongside fresh cider in New England, this one is fantastic!