Home Recipes Unicorn Fizz Recipe – For those that missed the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino like us!

Not Sponsored

If you follow us on Instagram then you probably already know we went to all the Starbucks near us today and EVERYWHERE was sold out of the Unicorn Frappuccino. We’re a day late and a frappuccino short, apparently! The boys wanted to try it and despite the fact we heard it was … not the greatest … we thought it’d be fun to let them give it a taste (if for no other reason than their anticipated reactions).

Unfortunately, the universe decided it didn’t want them to sugar up on the cotton-candy-colored, trendy concoction, but instead of going home empty-handed we decided to make our own unicorn brew. After all, there’s enough room in this world for more than one unicorn inspired drink, right?

We tend not to feed the boys a ton of sugar, so this was a treat! We opted for some slightly less unhealthy ingredients (but let’s be serious, sugar is sugar) and it came out pretty darn good. It was sweet, but not too sweet, and a teeny bit tart. Yum!

We made it super simple and blender-free because these guys aren’t operating a blender anytime soon and we assume most ADHDers their age aren’t either. 😉

Also, if you want to make this completely dairy free, opt for dairy-free whipped cream instead of traditional whipped cream!

Ingredients:

• 2 flavors of sorbet
  • natural soda
  • whipped cream
  • rainbow sprinkles

We hope you enjoy it if you give it a whirl and please feel free to share your unicorn inspired drinks with us below.

Did you try the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino? What did you think?

Alli Smith April 21, 2017 at 5:49 am

After I saw how much sugar was in the new Unicorn Frappe, I decided to pass and stick to my regular Starbucks coffee. However, I’d love to try your version! It looks so refreshing and I’m a big fan of sherbert.

candy April 21, 2017 at 6:22 am

Your version is so much better sounding. Sugar is sugar but yours has was less over the starbucks version. Maybe they should use your recipe instead of the one they are using now. Glad the boys enjoyed their treat. Somewhat tart is always good.

Katie Kinsley April 21, 2017 at 6:41 am

After seeing all the fat and sugar content of those drinks, I’m grossed out. I don’t think I’d even attempt to make one!

Christy Maurer April 21, 2017 at 8:02 am

Yes, your version looks a lot better! I did want to try one, but I heard it tastes like pink amoxicillin…no thanks. I’m sure my 22 year old will be all over it though. She hated when she had to give up taking the “pink medicine” and swallow pills lol. But really, she tries to not have sugar more than 2x a week, so we’ll see.

valmg @ Mom Knows It All April 21, 2017 at 8:41 am

I didn’t try the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino, I hadn’t even heard of it. I find Starbucks coffee to be overrated so not entirely surprised to hear some were disappointed. My youngest loves sherbet, he might enjoy this.

Jeanette April 21, 2017 at 9:31 am

I did not try Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino, it was quite colorful. I’m glad that you shared your version of it because I bet you taste better and not as expensive. It would be fun to make with my son.

Sarah Bailey April 21, 2017 at 12:47 pm

Ok i totally need to try this for myself – I keep seeing unicorn drinks everywhere but hadn’t thought of making my own.

Pam April 21, 2017 at 4:21 pm

There aren’t any Starbucks new recipes us. So everyone is thinking they missed out. This sounds like a yummy alternative without the weird sour mango taste!

David Elliott April 22, 2017 at 12:07 am

I didn’t try the unicorn shakes. But this does sound yummy. I have always enjoyed a balance between sweet and tart. I love things that taste like that.

Teresa April 22, 2017 at 1:28 am

I did not try it and was to interested in the Unicorn drink either. I am not food of sour food or sour drinks. But your version sounds more sweet.

Jaime Nicole April 22, 2017 at 8:11 am

What a great recipe you came up with! I haven’t tried the Starbucks version yet – secretly I kind of want to even though I know it isn’t good for me.

farrah Less April 22, 2017 at 9:17 am

I see some photos and heard it from friends about the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino. It looks so colorful but not sure how much amount of sugar on ti. Lately I am in sugar diet your recipe convince me to try it.

Rebecca Swenor April 22, 2017 at 10:33 am

I have to admit that this recipe for a unicorn fizz drink is so easy. This would be a treat for anyone in my opinion. I haven’t tried the unicorn frappuccino but I would love also love to try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Chasity L Boatman April 22, 2017 at 11:26 am

Your version sounds better anyway! This would be a great recipe for kid parties.

ricci April 22, 2017 at 5:15 pm

This sounds like a delicious alternative to the Unicorn Frappe!! I have heard mixed reviews about the Unicorn Frappe so I don’t think I will be trying one. Great recipe!!

Catvills April 23, 2017 at 11:53 pm

I have not tried Starbuck’s Unicorn Frappuccino and I am just not sure what the hype is all about. Honestly, I would go to Starbucks for my Caramel Macchiato and nothing else. I am happy you just went ahead and made your own Unicorn drink for your kids.

Paula Bendfeldt April 24, 2017 at 6:59 am

We missed the unicorn frappuchino too. It’s great that you made a version at home for your kids. It looks delicious, colorful and fun!