Home Bali Staying in Seminyak with Cicada Luxury Townhouses – Bali with Kids

Staying in Seminyak with Cicada Luxury Townhouses – Bali with Kids

Hosted

Bali is an amazing place to visit, but while so far from home it can be nice to enjoy some of the comforts which we westerners have become accustomed to. That isn’t always easy overseas!

We’re often asked about the accommodations in Bali and we always say that they can vary greatly! While some choose to stay in basic hostels or homestays, others prefer more modern surroundings. For those that wish to experience Bali without sacrificing modern conveniences, Cicada Luxury Townhouses is a fabulous option based on our recent experience.

The townhouses are modern, private and spacious—perfect for a family or group of friends.

2-Bedroom Townhouse at Cicada Luxury Townhouses in Seminyak

Our two-bedroom townhouse was equipped with 2.5 bathrooms (2 indoor/outdoor bathrooms upstairs and one indoor half-bathroom downstairs), 2 large bedrooms, kitchen, dining area, family room, private plunge pool in the back and large balcony off the master bedroom. As an added bonus, our townhouse included an ample supply of bottled water in a water bubbler in the kitchen.

Breakfast was included and offered both western and Indonesian options served at a designated time of our choosing.

We found the grounds to be quiet, overall. Though there were other guests there during our stay we only really saw them as we were coming or going from our townhouse now and then.

As far as the location of Cicada, it was centrally located in Seminyak off a little side street that made it easy to go out and about while also feeling away from the hustle and bustle.

We happened to be staying at Cicada a couple days before Nyepi Day and the festivities in the area were in full swing. We were able to catch a couple processions pulling out of the resort, which was actually pretty exciting.

Service at the resort was courteous and prompt. We had an issue with the key to our back slider requiring replacement the first night we were there and they were in and out with a new key very quickly.

Everything was quite clean and tidy and seemed well cared for—from bedding to flooring to the general appearance of things.

A.C. in our townhouse worked well and seemed to keep things at a consistent temperature.

While we didn’t have time to make use of the shared pool in the center of the resort, it was quite pretty and very large! Having a private plunge pool was admittedly a bit more appealing to our family and we made good use of it. Nevertheless, we saw other guests enjoying their time in and around the central pool.

Parking was secure and plentiful as most guests seemed not to self-drive and security watched over the little lot at the entrance of the resort.

Make sure to check out our video above for a full tour. Here are some shots of the interior of our townhouse.

Cicada Luxury Townhouses Seminyak Bali Cicada Luxury Townhouses Seminyak Bali Cicada Luxury Townhouses Seminyak Bali Cicada Luxury Townhouses Seminyak Bali Cicada Luxury Townhouses Seminyak Bali Cicada Luxury Townhouses Seminyak Bali Cicada Luxury Townhouses Seminyak Bali Cicada Luxury Townhouses Seminyak Bali Cicada Luxury Townhouses Seminyak Bali Cicada Luxury Townhouses Seminyak Bali Cicada Luxury Townhouses Seminyak Bali Cicada Luxury Townhouses Seminyak Bali

Cicada Luxury Townhouses Seminyak Bali

Final Thoughts on Cicada Luxury Townhouses in Seminyak

Seminyak is an especially great area for young 20-something people, in our opinions. There’s tons of convenient shopping and dining options, the beach is right there and it’s close to other popular areas such as Canggu.

The boys really enjoyed this stay and when we asked what they liked best about it they said, “Everything!” They both said they loved how big it was (it really was quite spacious) and they loved the plunge pool.

Overall, we found our stay at Cicada Luxury Townhouses to be quite pleasant and would recommend it to anyone looking for super modern accommodations while staying in this particular part of Bali.

What is most important to you when looking for the right resort for your family overseas?

Note: This stay was hosted. All opinions are our own.

Alli Smith April 18, 2018 at 7:05 am

What a spacious townhouse! When I’m traveling overseas, I always look for a secure, spacious place to stay and seems like this fits the bill. I love that it has a private plunge pool.

familyadhd April 18, 2018 at 12:26 pm

Yes! Space and security are near the top of our list as well. 😉 That plunge pool was a blast!

Karen Morse April 18, 2018 at 8:03 am

The place looks amazing and it’s awesome that you’re sharing your experience! I love that it gives you the comfort of home while you’re in a different country! It’s so worth it!

familyadhd April 18, 2018 at 12:26 pm

It’s definitely a great place if you don’t want to give up a lot of western comforts! We tend to stay at a variety of places, but the one thing we always want is a western toilet at minimum 😉

Terri Steffes April 18, 2018 at 8:08 am

That’s a gorgeous space to stay in! I haven’t been there, but I surely want to go now. That plunge pool is awesome! I saw one for the first time while I was in Cabo.

familyadhd April 18, 2018 at 12:27 pm

How fun! Plunge pools are deceptively deep, which is nice because you really can go for a full dip!

candy April 18, 2018 at 8:11 am

What a beautiful 2 bedroom townhouse you were able to stay in and enjoy. Plenty of room for everyone to spread out. Everything looks brand new, up dated and very clean.

familyadhd April 18, 2018 at 12:30 pm

Yes! We could have easily had a few additional people with us and still had plenty of room to spread out in 🙂

Amber Myers April 18, 2018 at 8:24 am

This would be a lovely place to stay! It is much nicer to stay in a house while on vacation, that’s for sure! That tub is impressive.

familyadhd April 18, 2018 at 12:31 pm

It really was lovely! And yes, those indoor/outdoor tubs are so nice in Indonesia!

GiGi Eats April 18, 2018 at 8:54 am

Oh wow, YES!!! I would totally stay in one of these townhouses, no questions asked!

familyadhd April 18, 2018 at 12:31 pm

Hahahah woohoo!

valmg @ Mom Knows It All April 18, 2018 at 8:57 am

That looks like a nice place to stay. I love the convenience of having a full kitchen or at minimum an area with fridge, microwave and coffee maker when traveling.

familyadhd April 18, 2018 at 12:32 pm

Totally agree! Having a kitchenette or (even more impressively) a full kitchen is a huge help to us as well!

Carol Cassara April 18, 2018 at 9:12 am

I’ve never been to anywhere in Asia but if I ever planned a trip there, I wouldn’t mind going to Bali first. It’s really amazing and I just love the place that you stayed at. It’s perfect for a family!

familyadhd April 18, 2018 at 12:32 pm

We absolutely love Bali! I hope you get the chance to visit someday 🙂

Jeanette April 18, 2018 at 9:31 am

Bali is high on my list of places that I want to visit! It looks absolutely gorgeous there and I would love to explore that area completely. If I ever do get there I will definitely keep this townhouse in mind.

familyadhd April 18, 2018 at 12:32 pm

Yay! Yes, Bali is a great place to visit and a good introduction to Indonesia imo because it has such a strong tourist industry 🙂

Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh April 18, 2018 at 11:44 am

That’s a great townhouse! Perfect for a family. I would prefer a place like that on vacation as opposed to a hotel.

familyadhd April 18, 2018 at 12:33 pm

We have done villas, townhouses, houses and hotels and to be honest, they all have their pros and cons to us, but this one was definitely lovely to stay in!

Tasheena @ SimplyTasheena.com April 18, 2018 at 3:54 pm

This townhouse is gorgeous! I would love to stay here with my family. It looks so luxurious! Can’t wait to visit Bali

familyadhd April 18, 2018 at 4:10 pm

It was great! I hope you get to visit Bali soon 🙂

Alison Rost April 18, 2018 at 7:56 pm

It’s a good choice for a home away from home kind of feel. I love places like this that give you the luxuries that you’re used to even when you’re far away. I think it’s a lovely place even for friends who are vacationing together. I love that it has 2 bathrooms!

familyadhd April 20, 2018 at 10:42 am

Oh definitely, it would be perfect for a group of friends! There were actually 2.5 bathrooms 😉

Brandy April 18, 2018 at 9:43 pm

That is beautiful. I know I am looking for places to get away with my kids. I need to find something like this near our location. It’s looking very comfy yet elegant at the same time. I would love to experience this far away place 🙂

familyadhd April 20, 2018 at 10:43 am

I hope you get to someday!

Emily April 18, 2018 at 10:30 pm

This looks like a great place to stay! We rented a home on vacation 3 years ago and have never looked back since, anytime on vacation we get a apartment or house rental. It allows us to spend down time more comfortably which is amazing!

familyadhd April 20, 2018 at 10:43 am

It really is nice to have everything you need right there!

Sara Welch April 18, 2018 at 11:48 pm

This looks like a really nice place to check out! I would love to stay here sometime.

familyadhd April 20, 2018 at 10:43 am

It was lovely!

Kita Bryant April 18, 2018 at 11:50 pm

I love staying in a nice townhouse. This looks like a really nice find!

familyadhd April 20, 2018 at 10:43 am

We agree!

Ricci April 19, 2018 at 3:25 am

You had me at luxury…LOL! These townhomes looks really pretty! I would love to stay in one!

familyadhd April 20, 2018 at 10:44 am

Hahaha it’s always nice to have a little luxury while abroad 😉

Bethel Esmillarin April 20, 2018 at 12:21 pm

Everytime i hear the word Bali it calls me to relax unwind and staycation. This luxury townhouse is the sum of it all!

familyadhd April 24, 2018 at 1:35 pm

Bali is a really wonderful place in our opinions! Though we admittedly like to get out and explore A LOT!